If you are a Wycombe Homeless Connection volunteer already...
Please enter your details below.
If you have previously registered but lost your username or password, click here to ask the system to automatically generate a new one and email you to tell you what it is.
Once you have tried this, if you have problems, email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a new one manually.
Don't register from scratch all over again - this causes mayhem!
If you have volunteered in previous years, your personal details will still be present (you will not need to re-register) but you will need to enter shift preferences to reflect your current wishes. Once logged in, use this link: "update details of my availability".
Note: to contact the venue coordinator for a shift you have been allocated, log in and use the link "Send a message to my coordinator". (If you work on different shifts, it will let you specify which coordinator you are trying to reach.)
If you would like to become a Volunteer, read this...
We run various sessions all year-round as well as a night shelter during January to March. If you would like to volunteer, we are always grateful for offers of help.
Please look at our website for our current volunteer opportunities.
We mainly need volunteers for helping as a host or cook at our night shelter sessions. They run during January to March in three shifts: evening (6-10pm), night (9:45pm-7am) and morning (6:45-9:00am).
We also have volunteer opportunities at our Support Centre that provides advice and support sessions all year on Monday and Friday mornings (9:45am-12:15pm), and Tuesday to Thursday mornings (9:45am-1:15pm).
We use a small number of volunteers with our Inspire and Film Club sessions, which run all year on Monday afternoons (2:15-3:30pm) and Friday afternoons (2:00-4:15pm) respectively. During April to December, we also run Plug-in at the Hub on a Thursday evening (6:00-8:45pm) which provides a chance for our guests to shower, wash clothes and have a light snack.
Finally we have opportunities for helping with publicity, fundraising, marketing and administration.
If you want to help, you can fill out a form online to register your interest. It takes about five minutes to fill the form in. Before filling in this form, please have the following details to hand
- Personal details, such as phone number, email address, postal address
- You will need the names, email addresses and telephone numbers of two people who would be able to provide you with a personal reference. They should ideally have known you for two years or longer.
- Your most recent Food Hygiene Certificate if you have one and want to serve as a cook
- Your most recent First Aid Certificate if you have one.
Please also think about:
- Which sessions you would prefer to do and which sessions you might be willing to do occasionally. Please look at our website for details of which shifts we most need help with and if possible match your choices to these.
- How often you would be willing to be involved (weekly, monthly...)
- We do ask for a minimum of a three month commitment from you.
- All of these roles require you attend our induction and usually further specific training.
Finally and importantly:
To be considered for a shift, you need to indicate three things: 1. the role(s) you would like to play, 2. the shifts you are able to offer and 3. how often you want to volunteer (do this carefully - don't over-commit). If any of these is missing, you won't be called on. If volunteering for the shelter, do consider offering an occasional night shift.
If you are ready to volunteer, please fill in a form by clicking below.
I would like to volunteer.